The BSS Parents’ Club coordinates the recruitment of many critical volunteer positions. These include but are not limited to: Room Parents & Grade Level Coordinators, Gift Certificate Committee, Ladies Fall Event Committee, Catholic Schools Week, and Staff Appreciation Activities.
BSS Parents’ Club Programs
- Families in Need - holiday gifts for those in need
- Everybody Counts - annual classroom program to provide students with information and hands on activities to better understand those with disabilities
- Health Screening - student vision and hearing screening
- Math Counts - extracurricular math activities and competition
- New Parent Buddy - pairing of current school parents with new families BSS Parents Club Activities
- Welcome Back Coffee for parents
- D.A.R.E. program awards luncheon
- Grandparents Day (every other year)
- Project STEM (every other year)
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Catholic School Week activities and teacher luncheon
- Teacher's lounge treats
- End of Year Luncheon
- Market Day
- Mother/Father/Daughter/Son Events
- Box Tops and Soup Label Programs
- Spirit Wear
The BSS Parents’ Club also organizes and coordinates optional fundraising activities to provide funding for student programs and teacher appreciation activities. Participation is purely voluntary, but encouraged.
Gift Certificates/Spirit Wear/Market Day
Your purchase of these items help fund professional development for teachers, and has purchased interactive whiteboards and document projectors for the classrooms. It's easy to participate. The school makes money because we buy these items at a discount. Forms to purchase these items are available in the school office or upon request from the committee chairperson. Gift Certificate forms are available weekly on Wednesdays through the Online Wednesday Envelope or upon request from the Gift Certificate committee.
Consumer Product Survey
Take 10 to 30 minutes to complete an in-person product survey and help our school. Traditionally held in the Fall, parents are asked to participate in a product survey for food, cleaning, or some other consumer product. This in-person sampling/survey conducted on-site takes just a few minutes. Your volunteer survey fee is donated to the school for programs and activities.
Ladies Fall Event
Each Fall, mothers, grandmothers, parishioners, and friends are invited to an evening of food, fun, and entertainment. This program helps fund the Camp Joy Outdoor Education program for seventh and eighth graders each year.
Box Tops/Labels for Education
For each box top collected (see participating items click here) are woth 10¢. By participating, our school can earn up to $20,000 depending on the number of box tops submitted. This program has recently helped in purchasing a traveling map for our school.
The Labels for Education program runs on a point system. The labels appear on a variety of products (http://www.labelsforeducation.com/earn/participating-products.aspx) The labels are submitted and points are added to our account. The school can then purchase items from a catalog that contain items from pencils to gym and science equipment. ***Labels are not valid unless the entire UPC symbol is intact***
Before throwing a package away, double check for Box Tops and Labels for Education!
*Note: All parents are REQUIRED to become VIRTUS certified and it is their responsibility to remain compliant in order to participate directly with any child in any classroom setting/grounds. (See VIRTUS page)